by Deepak Chopra
Success could be defined as the continual expansion of happiness and the progressive realization of worthy goals, therefore success can be seen as the ability to fulfill desires with effortless ease. The ultimate true success would be the miraculous.
Law of Pure Potentiality
The source of all creation is pure consciousness. . . pure potentiality seeking expression from the unmanifest to the manifest. And when we realize that our true Self is one of pure potentiality, we align with the power that manifests everything in the universe.
- Practice silence and silent meditation — Take time to just “be”. Meditate every day, ideally 30 minutes at dawn and 30 minutes at dusk
- Commune with nature — Witness the intelligence within every living thing. Appreciate the beauty that surrounds you
- Practice non-judgment — say to yourself “Today I shall judge nothing that occurs.”
Law of Giving (and Receiving)
The universe operates through dynamic exchange. . . giving and receiving are different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe. And in our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives.
- Give something to everyone you come into contact with. Not necessarily money. Your gift can be a compliment or silent blessing or prayer.
- Be open to receive from others. Gratefully receive gifts from nature: sunlight, rain, flowers, etc.
- Make a commitment to circulate what you have. Spread your caring, affection, appreciation and love.
Law of Karma
Every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind. . . What we sow is what we reap. And when we choose actions that bring happiness and success to others, the fruit of our karma is happiness and success.
- Witness the choices you make in each moment — be fully conscious and aware in the moment.
- Evaluate the consequences of your choices. Will the choice I make bring happiness to me and to those around me?
- Listen with your heart — ask your heart for guidance. Look for a feeling of comfort or discomfort in your heart.
Law of Least Effort
Nature’s intelligence functions with effortless ease. . . with carefreeness, harmony, and love. And when we harness the forces of harmony, joy, and love, we create success and good fortune with effortless ease.
- Practice acceptance. Accept people and situations as they are. Know that this moment is as it should be because the whole Universe is as it should be.
- Take Responsibility. . . for your situation and problems, not blaming others for your situation (and this includes yourself). Know that every problem is an opportunity in disguise.
- Remain established in defenselessness – Do not feel the need to persuade others – don’t be attached rigidly to one point of view
Law of Intention and Desire
Inherent in every intention and desire are the mechanics for its fulfillment. . . intention and desire in the field of pure potentiality have infinite organizing power. And when we introduce an intention in the fertile ground of pure potentiality, we put this infinite organizing power to work for us.
- Make a list of your desires and look at it whenever you can.
- Release your desires and trust that when things don’t go your way there is a reason.
- Practice present moment awareness. Focus on the present moment. Accept the present as it is.
Law of detachment
In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty. . . in the wisdom of uncertainty lies the freedom from our past, from the known, which is the prison of past conditioning. And in our willingness to step into the unknown, the field of all possibilities, we surrender ourselves to the creative mind that orchestrates the dance of the universe.
- Commit to detachment. Allow people and things to be as they are. Not as you want them to be. Do not force solutions to problems.
- Commit to uncertainty. Solutions will spontaneously emerge. Through the wisdom of uncertainty, you will find your security.
- Open up to the infinite possibilities of choices and outcomes.
Law of Dharma
Everyone has a purpose in life. . . a unique or special talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals.
- Discover your Higher Self. . . the god or goddess in embryo that lies within your soul.
- List your unique talents.
- Ask yourself daily “How can I serve?” and “How can I help?” rather than “What’s in it for me?” Share more, treat people like your brothers and sisters.